Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ain't this a kick in the pants

Current Song: Lupe Fiasco feat. Yummy Bingham "Much More"

Okay ppl. So the past week I've been in and out of various offices, interviews, meetings and homes, trying to get a grip on a better career opportunity. Which means I have had no time for my little ones, this blog, friends and Mom's nagging (which isn't too bad there). But today was a real sack breaker. Interviewed at this factory today. Nailed the greetings, had some laughs, conversed about my life and his. Then he his me with something I never heard before. "You're a good kid, and personally this job is way beneath you. You're no dummy, so I can tell you're better than this." WTF is that about man?! I was hit with an ultimate stunner. But i took the drive time as well as the time b4 writing this to realize. Yo, I'm not as spectacular of a guy as I thought I was. For him to tell me that means the things I do and say never excite the ppl for long. Jr High and High school teachers and mom always telling me "You only do just enough to pass, nothing extra." A key relationship failed due to "I plateaued the joys and fun between us." Jobs "You are a consistent worker among us, but do you think that you can kick it up a notch?"
Its comes down to this. I'm not settling for what the masses want from the start. I'm making moves to get and achieve greatness and beyond. Its only fair that after a certain point in time that I can demand/deserve the same. Maybe, Just maybe this will gain the pleasures from the world I seek with love, money, motives, friends, family, all the way down to looking in the mirror everyday. Soon all this will amount to something then I will get everything and everybody I want around me.
On the brighter side of things I have plans to travel to Europe in late fall or early winter. Two Countries in two weeks. Any and all are welcomed if you can afford.

No comments: