Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fresh Start aka: The Inebriated Vision

Current Song Playing: Labi Siffre- I Got the (Blues)

Well ppl. this is my first blog site and attempt! This is the point in time that you should be proud and say well good for him. If thats not the case.... Fuck u i just wanted some damn approval! lol. But lets get down to business. So what im gonna do from this moment on is relay my thoughts and personal feelings twice a week. Simply my therapist considers this a healthy thing to do. I will get basically fully detailed with descriptive scenery, ppl and thoughts of course. So im gonna begin this with this past day of June 20th 2008. The day my cousins 1st nephew died.
Why is it that when ppl reach out whenever listen to them? Or if we do listen, why don't we as a dominate species on the planet help our fellow man? Clearly this boy has had issues with his stepfather abusing him and his own mother taking the side of the stepfather only to be found lying dead on the floor of his own bedroom. So nobody sees the signs of someone trying to reach out. In short a simple cry for help. Only now that ppl are in a frenzy to help him. But at his age of 16 is to find a place to lay his head for eternity. Sad is the cliche way to put it. In my mind i would say its morally appalling to the masses. My concern is how will certain ppl react when im dead and gone. And with the dreams I've had for the past 8 years i really don't have that much time left to handle my life accordingly. Maybe I'm playing too much in to a simple dream/nightmare.
Life is complicated don't get me wrong. But where do we draw the line and consider just breathing and taking in the current moment a privilege and satisfaction. At this moment it is four in the morning, sitting in my basement with HBO on the flat screen and a couple of friends came through to have a couple of drinks, left and it took my mind off of the topic of death for quite some time. Now its like i always had someone here to leave all the current thoughts behind.
Eh. I'm just getting a bit too real for my current mind set. Love to all and these next couple of days you will hear from me.

1 comment:

Talent said...

Tragic story I must say sweetheart. Speaking from experience, I know how hard it is to reach out to someone or cry out for help, never really getting the response you desire. People are afraid and selfish to help others and are only out for themselves. You know the saying: "Snitches get stitches", people want to mind their business and are in such denial and are afraid to speak up. I am fortunate that the problems that I am currently facing, I was able to get through with the help of God. Besides my good friends, even family has not really reached out to me. It is important that you stay strong for you family and continue to support and play your part in life. I have dreams and goals that I have been striving for all my life and trust me it is hard, but you have to stay committed to those goals and achievements. Think about all that you have accomplished this year alone. I know you have the drive and determination to be anything you want. I know you too well to let you even think about giving up. God has a way of giving people a wake up call. Consider this one. Success is not always the finished product, but the process itself. In order for us to achieve goals within ourselves, we have to be free from all the bondage and fear that brings us down. Fear itself is usually what holds us back, that and fear of rejection. Pray and always know that things happen for a reason. God would never put more on you that you can bear. I myself am learning this as we speak. I have suffered many grievances over the years, and have struggled through many trials and tribulations and are still going through them. I cry out and ask those closest to me such as yourself to keep me focused so I won't go off the deep end. It's an every day struggle, but somewhere after its all said and done, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Help those that are suffering through this tragic event. Just sitting in silence is often enough. Sometimes saying nothing is the best thing. Being there for someone is appreciative enough. Stay strong and encouraged. Much love